The Bonsai Show Live brings together the best bonsai trees within the UK for exhibit to the public. As such, the show will be the biggest event to take place in the UK.
We welcome entry submissions for trees using the entry form on this page. All submissions must be in by 31st July 2024 and will be judged by a panel of experienced and trusted UK bonsai artists.
Guidelines for tree submissions are:
- Any coniferous species such as Pine, Juniper, Yew, Larch, Gingko etc.
- Any deciduous species such as Prunus, Acer, Elm, Oak etc.
- The tree(s) can be either coniferous or deciduous and must be no taller than 20cm or 8″ above the rim of the pot . This could include mame sized trees.
- The tree or plant could be displayed with or without a stand but it should be included in the image if you intend to use one.
- Only the tree will be judged, any other items used as part of the display such as scrolls, accent plants, tables etc will not be scored.
- Displays will not include a backdrop, no scrolls are to be used.
The exhibition trees will be judged by the attending international bonsai professionals and judges against a set scoring system. The scoring system and criteria can be downloaded for you to evaluate your own trees first.
All trees will be awarded a Bronze, Silver, Silver Guilt or Gold award, in accordance with the judging score gained.
Results will be available by 14:00 on Saturday 5th October 2024.
We will be providing the tree owner with a copy of the score sheet and short feedback from the judges if this is requested. This will help to identify improvement areas to take your tree forward for the next exhibition.